Apply for Grants
The African-American Community Fund (AACF)
The African-American Community Fund (AACF) accepts grant applications from qualified 501(c)(3) organizations in the Dayton/Greater Miami Valley area.
The African-American Community Fund (AACF) awards grants for public charitable purposes to various organizations: from social services to mentoring and education, from health & wellness to the arts.
Typically amounts awarded are between $500 - $1,000. The size and number of grants are determined by the amount of money available each year. In the past, the AACF process has required a Letter Of Intent (LOI). Please note that there will be no LOI this year. The first and only process will be the application process. Access this year's application below.
To be Eligible for a Grant, Your Organization Must:
- be recognized as a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization, according to the Internal Revenue Code;
- benefit the citizens in the Dayton/Greater Miami Valley region;
- have a diversity/inclusion policy; and
- address needs that are not fully met by existing organizational or community resources.
We Generally Fund Projects that:
- provide for more efficient use of community resources;
- promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations;
- promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in community affairs; or
- expand an existing project or initiative.
Examples of Funded Grants:
- Hard goods (equipment, clothing, school supplies);
- Youth programming;
- Educational efforts;
- Marketing of new services and programs;
- Cultural events & initiatives;
- Homeless outreach and support; and Diversity projects.
What We Generally Do Not Fund:
- General organizational operations;
- Annual fundraising drives;
- Scholarships and travel grants; and
- Endowment funds.
Whom to Contact for More Information
If you have questions about our grant-making process, please contact the African American Community Fund, at (937) 222-0410 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.